We offer many services for home owners.
We are now accepting applications for our Manufactured Home Replacement Program and our
Creating a sound financial plan, setting and achieving financial goals and making wise consumer decisions all start the process for sustainable home ownership.
Our home advisors will work with each customer to develop a personalized action plan. They will help to examine finances, determine goals, establish individualized savings programs and address any credit issues.
Financial education and good home maintenance are important to individuals as well as neighborhoods and communities. Our advisors will provide the tools needed for individuals and families to establish their goals and achieve financial stability. **Free to those applying for a Home Rehabilitation Grant or Loan or are receiving Foreclosure Counseling**
The HomeOwnershipCenter offers a nationally accredited education class. As a member of the NeighborWorks Network, the HomeOwnershipCenter has certified Financial Educators to present comprehensive information on financial fitness and home maintenance issues. The nationally acclaimed training manual, Keeping the American Dream, was carefully designed and tested to best serve the needs of homebuyers.
The class is designed to educate consumers in matters of money management, which includes basic budgeting and understanding of how to use credit wisely.
Falling behind on payments can happen for a number of reasons. However, it is important to protect your home! Our Home Advisors work with the customer and lender to explore all possible options for staying in the home.
Future appointments will be scheduled once a complete packet is returned.
Made up of a 4-hour Financial Education class and a 1-hour Financial Coaching session, Homeownership Counseling is a product utilized by the lender you are currently working with to receive a home equity loan.
Keeping up with necessary home maintenance projects can be a difficult task, as we mention in our Home Buyer Education Course. However, with the revolving grant funding that is available, we may be able to assist you with your interior or exterior home rehabilitation needs.
Due to the high volume of interested home owners, a waiting list has been created. Please click the button below to answer a few questions and to be placed on the list.
If you or someone you know is considering a reverse mortgage, you must get counseling from a government-approved agency first. Our counselor will provide you with all the information you need to decide if a reverse mortgage is right for you.
Give us a call at 315-724-4197 to get more information on Reverse Mortgage options.
We are now accepting applications for manufactured home replacement assistance!
The manufactured home replacement program assists low income, rural Oneida County residents in securing new manufactured homes. Assistance will be issued as a grant and will cover the cost of the manufactured home replacement, and the installation of a foundation system. THIS PROGRAM IS 100% GRANT FUNDED! GET A NEW HOME AT NO COST!
Program eligibility requirements include:
- Must own the land and the existing manufactured home (no liens, mortgages or loans)
- Must meet the definition of low income, and provide documentation verifying income is below 80% of the area median income
- Property must meet the definition of substandard
- Property taxes, insurances and electric bills must be current
- Applicants must occupy the manufactured home as a primary residence
- Must demonstrate proof of ownership for both the manufactured home unit and the property on which it is situated.
- Program participants will be required to complete a Financial Education workshop offered by HOC.
We are now accepting applications for Town of Eaton and Village of Morrisville homeowners that are in need of exterior repairs!
Thanks to the Madison County Department of Planning and NYS AHC, funds will be used to complete exterior rehabilitation to improve overall safety. Examples of this include:
- Exterior siding
- Entrance area
Grants will be issued in the form of a 10-year forgivable loan.
Program eligibility requirements include:
- 1-Unit property must be located in the Town of Eaton or Village of Morrisville
- Household income must be no more than 112% of the area median income for the area in which they reside (AHC Guidelines)
- Applicants must own the property for which the application is submitted. *Life Estate tenants, properties in trust and properties with a reverse mortgage are not eligible*
- Property must have a current certificate of Homeowner’s Insurance
- Must be current on all property and school taxes as well as utilities
There are no words to describe our deepest gratitude to the Homeownership staff. For a moment we thought we were being played but since no money was ask[ed] upfront we had nothing to lose but to follow the process because let’s be honest who gives money away for nothing in return but to stay in the area which we completely love it. There are still repairs to be done in the inside of the property but nothing major that does not comply with the city codes/safety. My family and I can now enjoy the house comfortable with no concern for lead, asbestos or anything that can be a hazard for the kids and futures families who will like to rent our units. I just hope that more people can benefit from all the hard work that homeownership offers.
-Our warm regards and thank for all your help and support!!!
Before & After